DCLM Daily Manna 23 September 2022
KEY VERSE: Job 27:6 “My righteousness I hold fast, and will not let it go: my heart shall not reproach me so long as I live.”
TEXT: Job 27:1-10 (KJV)
1. Moreover Job continued his parable, and said,
2. As God liveth, who hath taken away my judgment; and the Almighty, who hath vexed my soul;
3. All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils;
4. My lips shall not speak wickedness, nor my tongue utter deceit.
5. God forbid that I should justify you; till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me.
6. My righteousness I hold fast, and will not let it go; my heart shall not reproach me so long as I live.
7. Let mine enemy be as the wicked, and he that riseth up against me as the unrighteous.
8. For what is the hope of the hypocrite, though he hath gained, when God taketh away his soul?
9. Will God hear his cry when trouble cometh upon him?
10. Will he delight himself in the Almighty? will he always call upon God?
The best time to gauge the level of commitment you have towards God is when things are not going according to plans in your life. Such a time brings out the best or the worst in you. It shows a clearer expression of your faith or unbelief in God and His promises.
It was not different for Job. He had been experiencing severe affliction. His wife had lost hope of his recovery and his friends had condemned him as a sinner. His condition was so severe that He cursed the day he was born. Yet, now in the face of physical and emotional pain, he vowed never to turn his back on God.
Although he wrongly assumed that it was God that “vexed [his] soul”, he resolved not to utter wicked and deceitful words while he yet lived. He knew that such action would only serve to justify the unwarranted condemnation from his friends. He would instead, retain his integrity and not abandon righteousness because of his suffering. He would not do anything that could attract a reproach to his person, for then, he would be living like a hypocrite who has no hope in eternity even though he has amassed so much in life. God would not hear his cry when troubles come and he would not delight in turning to God at such a time.
Righteousness is the believer’s badge of honour. Whatever our experiences in life, we must look beyond immediate difficulties and focus on living to please God. We must retain our faith in Him and shun all hypocritical lifestyles. We should trust God to deliver us from our present troubles. If in His sovereignty, He decides not to do so, we should rest assured that He still has our best interest at heart.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: God is with us when we are with Him!
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Hebrews 1 – 4
Thank you for studying today’s Daily Manna – Stick With God – by Pastor W.F Kumuyi
Don’t forget to Follow Elanhub on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
Daily Manna 23 September 2022