Seven Rivers governorship candidates have been shortlisted to participate in the forthcoming debate organized by the state chapter of the Nigeria Union of Journalists.
Popular Rivers journalist Ola Le kan made this known in a statement. Today.
He said the candidates emerged following a competitive voting process.
His statement reads,
Action Alliance Governorship Candidate in Rivers State, Dr Dawari George has pledged his commitment to attend the Governorship Debate being organised by the Rivers State Council of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ).
Following a competitive voting process, 7 candidates made the top 7 slots.
The candidates are:
1. Accord: Dumo Lulu-Briggs
2. Action Alliance: Dawari George
3. All Progressives Congress: Tonye Cole
4. Boot: Tekena Iyagba
5. Labour Party: Beatrice Itubo
6. Peoples Democratic Party: Sim Fubara
7. Social Democratic Party: Magnus Abe