DCLM Daily Manna 26 September 2022
KEY VERSE: Luke 10:3 – “Go your ways; behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.”.
TEXT: Luke 10:1-17 (KJV)
1. After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.
2. Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great, but the labourers are few; pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.
3. Go your ways; behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves.
4. Carry neither purse, nor scrip, nor shoes; and salute no man by the way.
5. And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house.
6. And if the son of peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it; if not, it shall turn to you again.
7. And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things as they give; for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house to house.
8. And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you;
9. And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
10. But into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same, and say,
11. Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you; notwithstanding be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
12. But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city.
13. Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon, which have been done in you, they had a great while ago repented, sitting in sackcloth and ashes.
14. But it shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment, than for you.
15. And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell.
16. He that heareth you heareth me; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; and he that despiseth me despiseth him that sent me.
17. And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name.
Our greatest task in the world is to preach the gospel body Suppose that all the treasures in the world were gathered together and one man is so honoured to be the account officer, the world would consider this man as indeed privileged. Yet, the answer to the divine call is incomparably greater than possessing all the treasures of the world put together.
After appointing the twelve disciples and giving them power and authority to go and preach the kingdom of God and heal the sick, Christ appointed seventy others and sent them two-by-two for the same purpose. Though they were sent forth as lambs among wolves, it was the sole prerogative of the Lord to determine the scope of their assignment.
The gospel outreach is the great commission of the Lord. The work demands unalloyed obedience, tactfulness, vigilance and peaceful disposition. His appointees are to carry out the mandate despite opposition and hostilities. Obedience to the mandate requires prayer and submission to the guidelines by the Master. A tactful and responsive approach in carrying out the task will yield tremendous result and reward at the end.
It is absurdity to despise the wisdom of God in sending the lambs among the wolves and damning to reject the message of His appointed messengers (Luke 10:10,12-16). Notably, acceptance of the message of Christ’s messengers is an acceptance of Christ, His redemptive offer and blessings. Accept, believe and comply with His precepts to be saved today. There is always testimony in obedience to His instruction without questioning.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Our greatest task in the world is to preach the gospel.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: James 1 – 5
Thank you for studying today’s Daily Manna – Appointed and Sent Forth – by Pastor W.F Kumuyi
Don’t forget to Follow Elanhub on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
Daily Manna 26 September 2022