Open Heaven 26 September 2022
MEMORISE: I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. Revelation 1:8
BIBLE READING: EZEKIEL 37:1-14 (KJV)
1. The hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,
2. And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry.
3. And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I will answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest.
4. Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.
5. Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:
6. And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.
7. So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.
8. And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them.
9. Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.
10. So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.
11. Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.
12. Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
13. And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
14. And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.
Our memory verse today can be interpreted to mean that in God, the past, the present and the future coexist. As a result of this, He controls times and seasons (Daniel 2:20-21). Thus, if He wants, He can stop time like in Joshua 10:12-14. I remember when I was about to turn sixty years old and the assignment God had given me seemed to be far from being achieved.
I groaned and cried to God, Lord, help me. I haven’t achieved all that You called me to do. There is still so much work to be done and now the sun is setting. He said, Son, I decide when the sun sets. Yes, my God can stop time, but He can even do more than that; He can reverse it.
In Isaiah 38:7-8, when He told a king that he was going to be healed, the king asked for a sign. The prophet said, Okay, which one do you want, should I ask the sun to move forward faster or to move backwards? The king said, Moving forward faster is easy, ask the sun to go back and the sun went backwards that day.
God can pick an opportunity that you think you have lost forever and bring it right back to you again. That was what He did in Genesis 18:9-14 when He said Sarah would have a son. Sarah must have been in menopause for about 40 years, but that didn’t matter to God because He can bring back that which appears to have been gone forever.
I prophesy to you: every opportunity you have already lost shall be restored to you in Jesus name. Now, I don’t just want you to say an ordinary amen to that prayer. I want you to meditate on it for a moment. If the Almighty God could bring back the menstrual period of a ninety-year-old woman, do you think your case will be too difficult for Him to solve? There was a lady who had given birth to children from different men before she surrendered her life to Christ.
She believed that no man would want to marry her ever again but to her surprise, God brought a man to marry her and even told the man that though this lady had a rough past, He had cleansed her and given her a brand new beginning! God is still in the business of reversing the irreversible and He will bring back whatever you have lost in Jesus name.
PRAYER POINT: Cry to God concerning that opportunity that you have lost. Tell Him, Lord, please reverse the irreversible for my sake. Go ahead and cry to Him.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: DANIEL 12:1-13, HOSEA 1:1-11, HOSEA 2:1-23, HOSEA 3:1-5
Thank you for studying today’s Open Heaven – He Can Reverse the Irreversible – written by Pastor Enoch A.
Don’t forget to Follow Elanhub on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
Open Heaven 26 September 2022