Organisers of a planned protest against the activities of “one-chance” operators in Rivers State have called on residents and concerned citizens to turn out in large numbers for a peaceful demonstration in Port Harcourt on Saturday, August 22, 2026.
The organisers said the protest is aimed at drawing attention to the growing menace of one-chance operators and demanding urgent action from the Rivers State Government, the Commissioner of Police and other relevant authorities.
According to the organisers, participants will converge at Pleasure Park by 9:00 a.m. before commencing the demonstration.
They urged protesters to come with placards, noting that some placards would be provided, while participants are also encouraged to make and bring their own.
The organisers said the demonstration had been in the planning for several weeks and described it as an opportunity for residents to collectively demand safer roads and public transportation in Port Harcourt.
They also urged participants to remain peaceful, orderly and focused throughout the protest.
“Tomorrow, we walk. Enough is Enough,” the organisers said.













