PRESS BRIEFING BY COMMISSIONER OF POLICE, RIVERS STATE COMMAND, CP NWONYI POLYCARP EMEKA, PSC, LLB, PhD, ON FRIDAY JUNE 30TH, 2023, AT THE POLICE HEADQUARTERS MOSCOW ROAD, PORT HARCOURT.
Gentlemen of the Press, I called to inform you of the Command’s latest accomplishment.
Gentlemen of the Press
The Command has achieved yet another victory, based on the rigorous effort by the Police Commissioner in the bid to rid criminals out of the state. Below are the details:
1. RECOVERY OF FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION
2. RESCUE OF KIDNAPPED VICTIM
3. RAID OF CULTISTS CAMP
1. The Rivers State Police Command on Monday, 26/06/2023 at about 2306hrs; a team of policemen attached to the Intelligence and Surveillance Centre, Port Harcourt while on routine patrol along Rumuokwuta linking Rumuigbo, Port Harcourt sighted a White Keke Bus with Reg. No. RDM 140 XB.
The hoodlums, on sighting the police, abandoned the Keke Bus and took to their heels.
When the Keke Bus was searched, one locally made pistol with one live ammunition, one LG plasma television, two Android phones, one itel phone, female handbag. Investigation ongoing to apprehend the fleeing hoodlums.
2. Operatives of Rumuji Division, on Wednesday, 28/06/2023 at about 1745hrs on a tip off by patrol teams in the company of Emouha Vigilante Security (EMOVIS) to the forest by Choba Bridge along East West Road, where one victim (name withheld) of Salvation Ministry Road Rumuosi Choba Port Harcourt was rescued.
She stated that she was kidnapped on 26/06/2023 at about 1950hrs along Salvation Ministry Road, Rumuosi Choba, Port Harcourt, while returning from her shop to the house with her Lexus 330 Jeep, whose registration number is yet unknown, in a black colour that is yet to be seen and have united with member of her family.
Efforts are ongoing to track and arrest the hoodlums.
3. Operatives of Ahoada/Akinima Division, on Thursday, 29/6/2023 at about 1000hrs invaded some cultists camps led by General Danger ‘M’ in Ebrass Community, Ahoada West. General 2baba ‘M’ at Odiemude community in Ahoada East, General Odiereke ‘M’ in Owube Community in Ahoada West Local Government Area.
However, the three Generals escaped across the river.
The following items were recovered from their camps; one locally made single barrel gun, nine empty cartridges, two motorcycles, three pumping engines, one small Generator, two sawing engines, charms, and ten sheets of zinc.
The operation was led by the DPO Ahoada Division in company of the Nigerian Army.
Curbing crime in our society is a collective effort. I am calling on residents of the State to cooperate with security Operatives, to fighting crime and criminality.
Thanks for your support as always.