Chairman of the Rivers State Palliatives Committee, Amb. Desmond Akawor says the group has been expanded to include other political parties, CAN, Muslim community, traditional rulers, media and others.
Akawor disclosed this on Monday shortly after an inaugural meeting of the group in Port Harcourt.
According to him, they would ensure effective distribution of the items which is meant for the poorest of the poor in the state.
Akawor noted that his integrity is at stake as he would not let bags of rice tarnish the image and reputation he has built over the years.
Members of the expanded committee are:
1. Amb. Desmond Akawor, Chairman
2. Dabiye Briggs Secretary, Office of the SSG
3. Mrs. Inime Aguma, Member Ministry of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation
4. Omiete Eferebo, Member IPAC – APC
5. Deinye Pepple, Member IPAC – LP
6. Omangima Harry, Member IPAC – YPP
7. Ken Atata, Member IPAC – APP
8. Dumbari Nwigbarato, Member IPAC – AA
9. Alex Agwanwor, Member NLC
10. Foster Onyefuru, Member TUC
11. Emecheta Chuku, Member Joint Council Chairman
12. Prof. Mina Ogbunge, Member Civil Society
13. Ofonime Okon, Member Press
14. Rev. Dr. Daddy Ibulubo, Member Secretary, CAN Rivers State
15. Alhaji Abdulrazzaq Diepriye, Member IMAM
16. Dr. Matthew Oguwuokwa, Member Secretary, Rivers State Council of Traditional Rulers
17. 23 LGA Council Chairmen Members