Open Heaven 15 June
MEMORISE: “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” – (2 Corinthians 5:17)
READ: Acts 4:8-14 (KJV)
8. Then Peter, filled with the Holy Ghost, said unto them, Ye rulers of the people, and elders of Israel,
9. If we this day be examined of the good deed done to the impotent man, by what means he is made whole;
10. Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
11. This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12. Neither is there salvation in any other; for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
13. Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.
14. And beholding the man which was healed standing with them, they could say nothing against it. Open Heaven 15 June
God created every human being with the potential and abilities to fulfill divine purpose.
According to John 1:12, a very important part of Gods plan for every human being is to attain full sonship. Now, sonship starts from being born again then growing in the Spirit. This is where being with Jesus comes in. It is absolutely impossible for anyone to take this journey and exhibit Christ-like behavior unless the person has been with Jesus. Acts 4:13 says: “Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.”
Knowing that Peter and John were ordinary fishermen, the people marveled at their confidence, boldness and wisdom, realizing it could only be the result of a divine encounter. A divine encounter is the special visitation of the Holy Spirit. Without an encounter with the power of the Spirit, you would live far below your potential.
To fulfil your destiny, you must partner with the Holy Spirit by seeking a divine encounter with Him.
Peter realised his potential. Although initially full of fear, after Pentecost he became so bold that not even the council’s threats could stop him. He had originally lacked the fire, zeal, and direction because after Christ’s death, he stopped fishing for souls and returned to being an ordinary fisherman (John 21:1-3). However, after Pentecost, he was able to perform according to Heaven’s expectations. Like Peter, you need to encounter Jesus through the power of the Holy Spirit, and everything you require to fulfil destiny will be provided in the mighty name of Jesus.
Make a habit of spending time with Jesus daily; it will determine how far you will go.
PRAYER POINT: Father, as I commit to spending more time with You, let Your presence be evident in my life, in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Kings 9, 2 Chronicles 8