A Port Harcourt resident, Blessing Nnadi, has narrated a suspected “one-chance” incident she witnessed along the Eliozu-Airforce Link Road in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, on Friday.
Nnadi said she saw a man crying and shouting that his phone had been taken after he was allegedly attacked by occupants of a vehicle suspected to be operated by one-chance robbers.
According to her, the incident left her shaken, especially as the day had just begun.
She also recounted how some motorists chased the suspected one-chance vehicle, although they were unable to catch up with it.
“Why can’t these one-chance operators be stopped? Why are people becoming so inhumane?” she asked, expressing concern over the growing threat posed by such criminal operations.
Nnadi said the incident was particularly disturbing because the victims were ordinary people trying to go about their daily activities.
The incident occurred amid a protest in Port Harcourt on Friday against the activities of suspected one-chance operators, who have been accused of robbing and assaulting passengers.
Residents have continued to call for stronger security measures and increased surveillance on major roads to curb the menace.













