DCLM Daily Manna 17 November 2022
KEY VERSE: Romans 2:5,6 – “But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God; Who will render to every man according to his deeds.” .
TEXT: Romans 2:3-11 (KJV)
3. And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?
4. Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
5. But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
6. Who will render to every man according to his deeds;
7. To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life;
8. But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9. Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10. But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile;11. For there is no respect of persons with God.
Justice Gray of the US Supreme Court once said to a man who had appeared before in one of the lower courts and had escaped conviction by some technicality, “I know that you are guilty and you know it; and I wish you to remember that one day you will stand before a better and wiser Judge, and that there you will be dealt with according to justice and not according to law.”
The text today speaks of the righteous judgment of God, who will render to everyone according to their deeds. We are warned not to judge others of the things we too are guilty of, thinking we can escape the judgment of God. His goodness and long-suffering is to lead sinners to repentance and not hardness of heart. Wrath, tribulation and anguish await those who are contentious and do not obey the truth, because God is not a respecter of persons.
Although God is described in the Scriptures as the loving Father and merciful Redeemer, He is also the all-knowing Judge and a consuming Fire (Hebrews 12:23,29). He watches over our thoughts, words and actions to see if they conform to His precepts of righteousness and holy living. Anyone who chooses to disregard His commandments will not escape His judgment.
However, God does not delight in the death of any sinner or backslider. If the people of Sodom and Gomorrah and those in the time of Noah had repented of their sins, like the people of Nineveh, God in His infinite mercies would have pardoned them. But they defied His warning and were all destroyed. The Lord expects those who are saved from sin to live to please Him. If you are saved already, strive to preserve your salvation until the end. This way, you shall receive eternal reward and not condemnation on the last day.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: No technicality flaws in God’s judgment.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Kings 11-13
Thank you for studying today’s Daily Manna – Divine Retribution – by Pastor W.F Kumuyi
Don’t forget to Follow Elanhub on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
Daily Manna 17 November 2022