We are the leaders, executive directors and members of Greater Ogonis in Diaspora Organization (GODO), a vision-driven, pro-development and patriotic organization with the entire globe as our parish and with our global headquarters at El Mirage in the suburbs of Phoenix, Arizona USA. GODO, as an organization, is solely enmeshed and passionately dedicated to working to regain and sustain the hitherto waning pride of Ogoniland. Ogoni is primarily our fatherland; Ogoni people are fundamentally our targeted beneficiaries.
- We, the leadership, executive officers and members of GODO have critically watched, with utmost dismay, the incessant and somewhat perpetual pride-injuring vituperations and reckless war of words launched by Hon. Tony Okocha against the person of an illustrious son of Ogoni – our very own highly revered Senator Magnus Ngei Abe. We understand that desperation for recognition, position and power can sometimes make people assume and exhibit bestial character traits but we must alert the public the urgent need for caution in this particular instance as Ogoni people have received enough of hogwash, mistreatment and emotional battery from the public and private spaces of the Nigerian national life. These absurdist acts of the uncivilized should stop forthwith. Enough is enough!
- Albeit, GODO remains an elite and ideas-driven organization and would staunchly refuse to join the wagon of mud-slinging which has somehow become the culture and tradition of our political power-play. Throwing of tantrums, splashing of muds, emitting vituperations and back-stabbing offer humanity no good as they are diabolic ingredients for schisms that ultimately sets the human society on the fires of hell. This is AVOIDABLE!
- It is imperative to recall that existing records attest to the fact that Hon. Tony Okocha has been one of the highest beneficiaries of the benevolent acts of Senator Magnus Ngei Abe as the latter stood firmly by the former when it mattered most; at the time the hope of survival was very slim and most loved ones have taken to their heels. This sudden disaffection and loss of sanity must be Satan-inspired, hence the need to restrain reckless emotions.
- For the most part, GODO has not lost memory of the sacrificial roles played by Senator Magnus Ngei Abe in the movement to ensure the victory of Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR (Nigeria’s current President) in the primary and general elections of 2023. This is a cinch! A good reward system is an indispensable rudiment of good governance. Therefore, GODO conscientiously condemns every attempt by the detractors and naysayers to relegate to nothingness the indelible contributions of Senator Magnus Ngei Abe towards the ultimate victory of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR in the 2023 presidential elections.
- GODO opines that no reward is too big for Senator Magnus Ngei Abe having been one of the pioneers of the BAT Movement. He was loud and clear on his support for the Bola Ahmed Tinubu Presidency and took the BAT Movement to the nooks and crannies of Rivers State, and beyond, at the time most chicken-hearted and gate-crashing political barracudas were still busy raining abuses on the man that would ultimately win the 2023 presidential elections. GODO admires and stands by Senator Magnus Ngei Abe, the man who saw a tomorrow most of his contemporaries didn’t see at the time. Senator Magnus Ngei Abe is an Ogoni pride!
- GODO recalls that the good people of Ikwerre has been unflinchingly rated very high among the most friendly neighbors of the Ogoni people right from time immemorial. This necessitates GODO’s clarion call on the present generation of the political class to work hard to preserve the awesome neighborliness our forebears, like Senator (Dr.) Obi Wali and the legendary Kenule Beeson Saro-Wiwa, bequeathed to us. We can do better!
- GODO calls for cease-fire from both isles of the protracted political skirmishes that has of late beclouded our social and electronic media spaces, and enjoins those whose stock in trade is to use Rivers State treasury to buy conflict traders and put them on harm’s way to desist from such dastardly acts forthwith. The entire humanity is on trial in the “Hall Fame of History” and life is a like a standing mirror that gives back to us whatever we put into it. Caution matters!
- GODO opts to avail itself of this solemn opportunity to candidly congratulate President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR on his resounding victory in the 2023 Presidential Election and his apt demonstration of preparedness for leadership within the short spate of time he assumed the seat of power. This congratulations may appear belated but GODO enjoins all to take it in its stride as “it’s a debt now paid,” and debts are like old bones hid in the cupboard; they rattle the conscience.
- Finally, GODO uses this solemn medium to call on President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR to appoint Senator Magnus Ngei Abe as a Minister in his soon-to-be-announced Cabinet. GODO is proud of the track record of Senator Magnus Ngei Abe’s public service expedition so far and is rest assured that he has the cognate experience, empathetic prowess and knack for excellence in service delivery. These are enviable defining qualities needed in the leadership circle everywhere in our very dynamic world. Abe is able!
- GODO, in all its submissions, is driven by the conviction that all humans are mere tourists here on planet Earth with the Almighty God as our eternal travel agent who has already fixed our itineraries, reservations and destinations, as it were. The time has come for us to walk in the rain so that people don’t see our tears. Respect for our neighbors and colleagues will pay us handsomely; if not today, tomorrow.
Loads of thanks and God bless Nigeria.
Chief Ambrose Kii
PRESIDENT, GODO World-wide
Dr. Terry Bagia Esq.
SPOKESMAN, GODO World-wide
Hon. Dumbor Awanen
SECRETARY-GENERAL, GODO World-wide.