Open Heaven 15 December 2022
MEMORISE: Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me? Jeremiah 32:27
BIBLE READING: 2 KINGS 5:9-14 (KJV)
9. So Naaman came with his horses and with his chariot, and stood at the door of the house of Elisha.
10. And Elisha sent a messenger unto him, saying, Go and wash in Jordan seven times, and thy flesh shall come again to thee, and thou shalt be clean.
11. But Naaman was wroth, and went away, and said, Behold, I thought, He will surely come out to me, and stand, and call on the name of the LORD his God, and strike his hand over the place, and recover the leper.
12. Are not Abana and Pharpar, rivers of Damascus, better than all the waters of Israel? may I not wash in them, and be clean? So he turned and went away in a rage.
13. And his servants came near, and spake unto him, and said, My father, if the prophet had bid thee do some great thing, wouldest thou not have done it? how much rather then, when he saith to thee, Wash, and be clean?
14. Then went he down, and dipped himself seven times in Jordan, according to the saying of the man of God: and his flesh came again like unto the flesh of a little child, and he was clean.
I once heard the story of a man who visited heaven and came back. He said in heaven, he was shown a room where there were many spare parts of human bodies. When he asked what they were all for, he was told that they were there to be given to people on earth whose body parts might have been damaged and in need of new ones.
That is good news for someone who needs a new body part; ask God for yours today and He will give you from His store. The Bible says that Naamans skin returned to him like that of a baby. That was a new skin. In Mark 3:1-5, the Lord Jesus gave a man with a withered hand a new one.
In John 9:1-7, Jesus met a man who was born without eyes and He gave him a new pair. Whenever you read in the Bible that Jesus made a leprous fellow whole, what happened was that the chopped off fingers or ear lobes were replaced with new ones. God can replace that part of your body that needs changing, if you ask Him
There was a family in which the parents were Professors, but their son was a dullard. If I were to describe him in my native tongue, I would say where the brain was supposed to be, there was only water there. This boy never passed any exam. He would always come last in his class, with the worst results.
When moved from a class of 33 students to one of 40, his position moved from 33rd to 40th. His parents got him the best of teachers and yet he kept on failing. One day, we had a programme at the University where they lived; we prayed a simple prayer for this boy.
At the next examination that the boy sat for, he came first in the class. His teachers said that was not possible because they knew that, even if the boy was given the answers to copy in the exam hall, he would copy them wrong.
Thus they gave him another test and he scored even higher in that one. God had given him a brand-new brain. My Daddy is the God of all flesh. He has all human spare parts in His store; just ask Him and He will give you what you need. Nothing is too hard for Him to do.
KEY POINT: Tell God about that new body part that you need – whether it is your brain or another part of your body, tell Him about it now. If you don’t need a new body part, ask for someone you know who needs one.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 THESSALONIANS 3 – 5 , 2 THESSALONIANS 1 – 3
Thank you for studying today’s Open Heaven – Spare Parts in Heaven – written by Pastor Enoch Adeboye
Don’t forget to Follow Elanhub on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
Open Heaven 15 December 2022