Executive Chairman of Asari-Toru Local Government Area, Hon. Onengiyeofori George, has installed a solar water project in Abalama, in an effort to provide clean and potable water to residents in the ancient Town and its environs. The project includes the installation of solar panels, which will generate electricity to power the pump, a pump, and a storage tank.
The project is expected to provide clean water to thousands of people in the area. It is also expected to help to reduce the amount of water pollution in the area.
The project is a testament to the commitment of the Hon. George-led administration to providing its residents with clean water and a healthy environment.
Highlights of the project:
- Tank capacity: 50,000 gallons or 189,270 liters
- Solar panel capacity: 4900 watts
- Solar pump capacity: 4 kilowatts or 5 horsepower
- Solar pump make: Lorentz
- Country of origin: Germany
- Pump flow rate: 13 m³/liters or 13,000 liters/hour
AsalgaFirst Media Directorate
May 24, 2023