ESOCS Devotional 22 June
TEXT: ACTS 3:17-26
MEMORY VERSE: “Ye are the Children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindred’s of the earth be blessed.”Acts 3:25
Existing with Covenant awareness and consciousness is a major necessity for every covenant child of God. It takes understanding to become outstanding in life. Thus, until you understand as a covenant child, you may not be able to stand out in the covenant. It is also very important we state that awareness is necessary for achievement. The extent you are aware is the extent you can achieve. It sure enhances usefulness to yourself, society, and the generation.
Further, awareness equals alertness, and prevents casualty. If you must not be a casualty of destiny and the spiritual, then you must be aware of your covenant place in God (Hosea 4:6). The psalmist says, “Man that is in honour, and understandeth not is like the beast that perish” (Psalm 49:20).
It is also good we note that awareness brings fullness and fulfilment. People live below their privileges by virtue of bankruptcy of awareness. It is not the strength of the devil that is the issue but the lack of awareness. If the daughters of Zelophehad had kept quiet, they would have died empty (Num. 27:1-8). Here are some of the things you need to understand in the Covenant:
- The resources of God are available to covenant people: Abraham, literally, had everything in heaven and on earth. “And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth” (Gen. 14:19). “The Earth is the Lords and the fullness therefore” (Psalm 24:1). “Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours” (1 Cor. 3:21).
- The wisdom of God is available for covenant people: covenant people manifest great sense (Gen. 14:14-18). It takes wisdom to train servants. Covenant guarantees access to organizational and administrative wisdom. The wisdom of Joseph preserved food for 14 years without modern technology (Gen. 41:39-40). Your wisdom determines your stardom. Wisdom positions you for your God-ordained elevation. Daniel had it and benefitted from it. To be a covenant child is to carry wisdom. It is therefore important that covenant people carry covenant consciousness, and awareness in order to see result.
BOTTOM LINE: It takes sense of the covenant to experience covenant success. It takes covenant reality to see covenant results.
- Saturate your mind with the word of God (Josh. 1:8).
- Connect with the right Association.
- Remain with the God who covenanted with you.
PRAYER POINT: Father, thank you for blessing us with your covenant; grant us the grace of understanding so that we could access our possessions, in Jesus name.
FURTHER READING: Ezekiel 17:13–24; 18:1-19; Acts 4:1-14