ESOCS Devotional 10 June
TEXT: JOHN 8:28-47
MEMORY VERSE: “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 KJV
Knowledge is power, whether it is positive or negative knowledge. When Adam and Eve got negative knowledge, it destroyed them. Charles Darwin – the father and founder of evolution, was once a Bible school student. One day, he stumbled into a negative knowledge in form of a book that said that human beings evolved from apes, and he built on that negative information, which has become generally accepted today. Negative knowledge on the internet has led many people astray. When truth is stretched to the extreme, it becomes erroneous. ESOCS Devotional 10 June
It is sad to note that there is an explosion of satanic knowledge around the world, but it takes the right knowledge to counter the wrong knowledge. Yes! To correct the wrong, present the right. Here are some of the necessities of the right knowledge.
(a) Knowledge is the key to stability: “And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of the times…” (Isaiah 33:6). Right knowledge gives stability. Ignorance instils instability. God never breaks His word. People are not stable because they are ignorant.
(b) Knowledge brings inner strength: “… but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits” (Dan. 11:32). The things you know strengthen your spiritual experience. Thus, to know the truth is to be strong.
(c) Knowledge delivers: “…but through knowledge shall the just be delivered” (Prov. 11:9). The absence of knowledge is the reason for bondage. People are tied because knowledge is bankrupt. Captivity abounds where ignorance persist (Hosea 4:6), but liberty travels on the wings of knowledge. We shall also further x-ray some of the things we read to know in order to make impact.
- Know God: You must make conscious effort to have a full knowledge of God. Know His person, His personality, His promises and His principles. You actually need this knowledge per time.
- Know the Word: Ensure that you have a consistent diet of the word. Read and know the word. If anything is an issue of contention, search the word concerning it, so that you are not tossed about with every wind of doctrine.
- Know your work: Master what you do, the service you render, master it per time. People who know their work are not easily sacked; refuse to be a liability.
- Know people: Know your spouse, your children, and family members. Know whom you are dealing with. If you know people, you cannot be stranded.
BOTTOM LINE: It takes the right knowledge to counter the wrong knowledge.
- Discard wrong and negative knowledge.
- Know God and His word through prayers and Bible study.
PRAYER POINT: Father, thank you for your word is true; help me to know you more than anything else, in the name of Jesus. Amen.
FURTHER READING: Lamentations 5:1-9; 5:10-22; John 8:48-59