The Deputy Speaker of the Rivers State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Ehie Edison has today released the sum of N5m as palliative to 1,000 aged persons including widows, pregnant women and sick people in Ahoada East Local Government Area. The palliative is to be distributed as measures to cushion the effect of the Covid-19 pandemic.
According to the Deputy Speaker, the sum is to be distributed at N5,000 per person across Ahoada East LGA to 75 persons in each Ward/Community.
The following persons were appointed to ensure the transparency of distribution process:
1. Bishop Clement Ekpeye, Anglican Diocese Ahoada- Chairman.
2. Happy Benneth – Vice Chairman.
3. Dr. Edward Imo- Secretary
4. Dr. Mrs. Juliet Berewari- Health Advisor
5. Mrs Dorcas Amos- Welfare Advisor.
The Deputy Speaker also noted that the donation is meant to compliment the health and welfare efforts to Rivers people by His Excellency, Barr Nyesom Wike, Governor of Rivers State.