National President of the South South Youth Initiative, Comr. Saviour Imeabe has called on the Governor of Rivers state, Sim Fubara not to politicize Job creation in the state like former Governor, Nyesom Wike did.
Imeabe in a statement said the state suffered a great deal of politics under the immediate past governor, adding that jobs meant for the people should not be taken as political settlement.
His statement reads,
Firstly, as a responsible organization whose interest is on good governance and accountability, we make bold to say that Rivers State suffered a great deal of politics under the immediate past Governor, Chief Nyesom Wike, and we will not want this state to slide back unit past days of unnecessary political gimmicks with the welfare and progress of our people. Jobs meant for people of the state should not been taken as political settlement for party loyalists.
However, as a reputable youth organization in the region we are calling on
Fubara to abrogate politics in the leadership of Rivers State. Your political Godfather, Chief Nyesom Wike, played politics with everything that came his way while in office, we hope you won’t tow that very line,if you would want to put your name on the sand of time during the period you will be in office. From you track record you are not a politician, so you will not behave like one. Your record in the civil service is not that bad and we hope that your projects will be people oriented.
We will as matters public of importance call your attention to the following;
1. The 10,000 jobs that was promised the state by the previous administration has not been successfully executed.The intention of the former Governor of Rivers State was to make those within the folk of PDP and Obio/Akpor Local Government Area to benefit more, but providence brought you. We are pleased that the baton has been handed over to you as the Governor of Rivers State though the election petition tribunal is still on to decide who really will stay till the end but for now We are urging you to implement the 10,000 employment to qualified Rivers sons and daughters and not to party faithful.
2. It was gathered that names that were earlier submitted to the former governor for employment in the 10,000 jobs drive were influenced as all the persons are card carrying members of PDP. But as it is today, we want Sir Fubara to go beyond party and give jobs to Rivers people across party line.
3. We also would want to you to create more jobs for our teaming youths, because this is the only way the insecurity situation we face today in our our state can be controlled at ease.
4. The previous administration did not promote any worker in the state. The administration was not also faithful in payment of gratuities pensions to the pensioniers. So, we urge you to give attention to the welfare of people of the state. The promotion of civil servants and payment of their entitlements that has not been possible for over 9 years now should take effect immediately.
5. The former administration in the state did not embark on award of scholarships to students at any level. It behoves on you Sir Sim Fubara to see how to revive the Rivers State Scholarship Board that is dead and buried. This will brighten the tomorrow of our dear state.
6. We call on you immediately put on a process to return abandoned Rivers State Transport Company, RTC into operation. This will cushion the effects of transportation.
7. Secuity is one major thing that drives development.We are calling for more meaningful investment on the Secuity of the state. In fact, secuity should top this administration’s priority. If this is done well be sure of investors coming in the state. At the moment that the narrative is that instead of contractors to be attracted to the state they are scared away from investing in the state.
8. As promised in your Inaugural Speech, we urge you to make good your talk to ndustriousliese the state. Industrialization is key and we want it as soon as possible. We believe that when all these are given the needed attention, posterity will be kind to your generation.