DCLM Daily Manna 26 December 2022
KEY VERSE: Galatians 4:6 – “And because ye are sons, God has set forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.”.
TEXT: Galatians 4:6-12
6. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
7. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
8. Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.
9. But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?
10. Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.
11. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.
12. Brethren, I beseech you, be as I am; for I am as ye are; ye have not injured me at all.
One of the worst forms of ignorance a person can have is the ignorance of who he really is. Having a neurological disorder that can lead to memory loss is something else; but being sane and not having the right knowledge of who you are, is indeed a serious problem. Anyone in this situation will obviously be ignorant of what he possesses and what rights he has. As a result of this, he will live below expectations and can be easily cheated through life.
Paul wanted the Galatian believers here to know who they really were. They were not slaves nor servants like some religious leaders would want them to believe; rather, they were sons and heirs of God. They had rights to the blessings and provisions of God. Paul wondered why they should then be acting beggarly and trying to subject themselves to bondage. He wanted them to shake themselves off these beggarly and slavish lifestyles and assume their rightful positions as the sons of God just as he, Paul, was.
Many Christians are really ignorant of who they are in Christ. This is why they continue to allow the devil to cheat and rob them of their spiritual rights and why many of them are living far below expectations. In an expression of false humility, some Christians out of ignorance accept the wrong notion that they are mere slaves and servants not deserving of any right or privilege.
As sons and heirs of God, certain level of lifestyle and comportments are expected of us. Our lifestyle must be marked by a high level of dignity and holiness of character. We do not live a life that downgrades the name and glory of God.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Don’t be ignorant of who you are!
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ezekiel 32-35
Thank you for studying today’s Daily Manna – Ye are Sons! – by Pastor W.F Kumuyi
Don’t forget to Follow Elanhub on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
Daily Manna 26 December 2022