DCLM Daily Manna 22 December 2022
KEY VERSE: “He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.” – (Isaiah 40:29).
TEXT: Isaiah 40: 25-31
25. To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.
26. Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number; he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth.
27. Why sayest thou, O Jacob, and speakest, O Israel, My way is hid from the LORD, and my judgment is passed over from my God?
28. Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.
29. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
30. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall;
31. But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
The quality of man’s strength does not always depend on the level of inner courage he musters, but on the personality from whom such strength is derived. Though natural strength has its normal abating state, the reality is that when we draw our strength from the Almighty, we have the ability to keep going through constant divine renewal by Him.
The text reveals the omnipotence of God. He cannot be compared to any, nor does He have an equal. He created all things and none has failed. God, the Lord and Creator of the earth, does not faint and He is never weary. There is no searching of His understanding. He gives power to those who are fainting and increases strength to those who are weak physically and spiritually.
At salvation, we receive a measure of God’s power that gives us strength to live victoriously over sin, the flesh, Satan, sickness and the world daily. But as we go deeper and higher in our relationship with God, we receive more of the fullness of His power and our strength for life battles increases. The fullness of God’s power not only enables us to walk uprightly and live righteously, but also energises us to declare the gospel of Christ with great boldness and conviction. It will also plunge us into a state of perpetual rest, contentment and reassurance.
There are days and times that weariness and fainting comes due to life and ministry challenges. During these times, we need renewal for the inner man to be nurtured and fortified. We must also learn to wait on the Lord. It is in the secret place of prayer and meditation on God’s unfailing words that we feed the inner man to be constantly renewed and strengthened.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Renewal comes by waiting in the secret place of prayer.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ezekiel 18 – 21
Thank you for studying today’s Daily Manna – Strength For the Weary – by Pastor W.F Kumuyi
Don’t forget to Follow Elanhub on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
Daily Manna 22 December 2022