DCLM Daily Manna 14 December 2022
KEY VERSE: Zechariah 14:12 – “And this shall be the plaque wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.”
TEXT: Zechariah 14:9-18
9. And the LORD shall be king over all the earth; in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.
10. All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem; and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin’s gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananeel unto the king’s winepresses.
11. And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.
12. And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.
13. And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the LORD shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour.
14. And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance.
15. And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ass, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague.
16. And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
17. And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
18. And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
During its long history, Jerusalem was attacked 52 times, captured and recaptured 44 times, besieged 23 times and destroyed twice. The oldest part of the city was settled in the 4th millennium BCE, making Jerusalem one of the oldest cities in the world. It is the melting pot of religion, the capital city of Israel and will be the capital city of both the Antichrist’s regime, the millennial kingdom of Christ and of the new heaven and the new earth.
In the passage under consideration, Prophet Zechariah presented a picture of what will become of Israel in the future, especially during the period of the great tribulation. The city of Jerusalem will yet again be attacked, this time by the Antichrist and his army. His regime will be very visible in Israel because of their rejection of the Messiah. They will face the most extreme calamities during this period, which has been described as a time of Jacob’s trouble (Jeremiah 30:7). However, Israel will cry out unto God for their salvation. Satan’s army will be decimated by Christ at His Second Advent during the battle of Armageddon (Revelation 16:16).
It is important to study the Scriptures and find out the plan of God for man’s salvation. The times in which we live are the very last days; iniquity abounds while the love of many has waxed cold. There have been wars and rumours of wars. We are witnessing the diseases, devastations, destructions, deceptions and disintegration that the Bible says will characterise this age. The rapture will soon take place. Therefore, we should watch and pray, lifting up our heads, for our redemption is near.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: “Prepare to meet thy God”!
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Isaiah 51-55
Thank you for studying today’s Daily Manna – Stand By For The Heavenly Trip – by Pastor W.F Kumuyi
Don’t forget to Follow Elanhub on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
Daily Manna 14 December 2022