Daily Manna 21 June
KEY VERSE: “For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.” – (1 Corinthians 3:11)
TEXT: 1 Corinthians 3:5-15
5. Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
6. I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
7. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
8. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one; and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.
9. For we are labourers together with God; ye are God’s husbandry, ye are God’s building.
10. According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
11. For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13. Every man’s work shall be made manifest; for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is.
14. If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15. If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss; but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
Incidences of building collapse in some societies have been blamed on the unwillingness of building contractors to adhere to standards. In some of the cases, it was observed that the builders violated principles of solid structures as they continued to raise the buildings to a point where the foundation could no longer cope. As building according to standards is vital in the physical, so it is in the spiritual.
God has standards and honours those who abide by it. When Prophet Elijah proved God’s supremacy over Baal on Mount Camel, he evidently showed that the sure foundation which had been laid for the true worship of God, should not be corrupted.
Elijah also proved that there was a foundation that must be built upon for success to be achieved in ministry. For God to send the fire of acceptance upon his sacrifice, the prophet had to follow the standard. In the same manner, believers and ministers of the gospel must build on the sure foundation laid by Christ. To do so, we must first of all identify with Him. Then we must build according to pattern.
We can only do exploits through the name of Jesus; anything to the contrary would amount to working at variance with the Master-builder. In building, we must endeavour to choose “durable” stones of gold, silver and precious stones, instead of hay and stubble. Those who build contrary to the foundation laid by Christ will suffer loss.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Do not build collapsible spiritual structures.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Kings 5-7
Thanks for reading DCLM Daily Manna 21st June 2020 Sunday Devotional – Godly Standard, written by Pastor W. F. Kumuyi. Please share this with other people.
DCLM Daily Manna 20th June 2020