18 May Open Heaven – Read: Mark 13:31-37 (KJV)
Memorise: 1 Timothy 4:1
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
Bible in One Year: 2 Samuel 19-21
Jesus is coming soon and although no one knows exactly when (Mark 13:32-33), we know some significant occurrences will mark the end of this age (2 Timothy 3:1-3). Some of them are already happening and this is why we must watch out for.
1. Backsliding: Many men of God are departing from the faith. Even some Christian denominations that started on a Bible-based foundation have derailed. They are succumbing to the pressure from the ‘digital’ world. While about a hundred years ago, it would have been unthinkable for any church to debate whether homosexuality should be considered, today it is a bone of contention. Seduction, fornication, adultery, divorce and other abominable practices are now commonplace not only in vestries but also on the altars. Watch and determine not to look back.
2. Wiles of the devil: According to 1 Peter 5:8, the devil is cunning and he wants to deceive unsuspecting and careless believers. He keeps telling the Church, “It is not too bad”; but what is not too bad is still bad. Watch and don’t fall for the trap.
3. Temptation: There will be temptations and we have to watch and pray to avoid them (Matthew 26:41). While the spirit is willing, the flesh is weak. You must be armed with the word because it is the sword of the Spirit (Ephesians 6:17).
4. False teachers: Not all teachers and prophets who call on the name of Christ are genuine (Acts 20:29-30). Watch out as hypocrites have crept into the Church like Simon the sorcerer in Acts 8:13-21.
5. The second coming of the Lord: This is the most important of all. 1 Thessalonians 5:6-8 admonishes us not to sleep. Like the wise virgins, we must be awake and prepared.
Perilous times are here; so you will not be a victim of the dangers of the end time.
18 May Open Heaven – Prayer Point: Father, deliver me in these perilous times. See me through to the end, in the mighty name of Jesus.