9 May Open Heaven
MEMORISE: Psalms 115:14
The LORD shall increase you more and more, you and your children.
READ: 2 Kings 6:1-4 (KJV)
God loves increase. In His first blessing on mankind, He asked man to multiply and be fruitful (Genesis 1:28). If anything, this means stagnation is never a part of God’s plan for you.
“Let us go, we pray thee, unto Jordan, and take thence every man a beam, and let us make us a place there, where we may dwell. And he answered, Go ye.” – (2 Kings 6:2)
As with Elisha in (2 Kings 6:1-4), my spiritual children in the RCCG usually seek my permission for the execution of one project or the other. To the glory of God, I support and encourage them. What lessons can we learn from this?
– The vision for expansion is not a burden of the leader alone. From today’s Bible reading, we see that the expansion idea was initiated by the sons of the prophet.
– Elisha’s sons did not only propose the expansion – they were also actively involved. Expansion requires commitment for it to be achieved.
– The sons recognized authority. They knew the implications of not involving their master. Imagine what would have happened when they lost the axe-head in the river Jordan if they hadn’t involved their master earlier. Today, some subordinates sideline their superiors because of self-glory or material gains only for them to fail.
– As a leader, do not kill the vision of your followers. Like Elisha, encourage them.
– Elisha was a servant-leader. Despite his position, he went to the field with his spiritual sons. Even when the axe-head was lost, he did not upbraid any of them; he just asked questions, performed a miracle and the project was a success (2 Kings 6:6). We should emulate him.
From now, as you follow the Lord and obey His word, He will grant you great success in every project you embark upon in the mighty name of Jesus.
9 MAY OPEN HEAVEN – PRAYER POINT: Father, please take me to the next level of expansion today in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalms 50, 53, 60, 75